The following game rules will apply to games played this 2023 spring season. Any modification to the rules will be explained to the players before the start of the game.
• Games are 6 innings or 90 minutes of play and start promptly at 6:00 PM. No game will end until the home team completes their half of an inning.
• Home team coaches will be responsible for canceling any games due to weather or field conditions, at least 1 hour prior, and will need to call the opposing coach or coordinator to let them know.
• A home team coach will umpire the game.
• Adult coaches will pitch to their team. Overhand pitching only.
• A half inning shall end after every batter in the order has batted.
• All players must stay in dugout when not playing defense or up to bat.
• Each team may place up to 9 players on the field for defense. The infield should have one player per position with the remainder of the team placed in the outfield.
• Coaches are encouraged to allow players to play the catcher position. Catchers should wear protective cup.
• A coach should be placed behind the catcher to help speed up the pace of play. Coaches may be in the field, provided they do not interfere with the play.
• The ball shall be considered dead, and no runner may advance once the ball has been thrown to the pitcher and the pitcher has possession of the ball.
• Coaches should rotate players throughout the infield and outfield to gain playing experience.
• A continuous batting order will be established by each coach. The batting order will not change during a game except due to player injury.
• Batters are limited to 5 strikes (swinging). After 5 strikes, Batter will hit with a tee.
• The offense may have two base coaches but need to have a coach in the dugout while at bat.
• Absolutely NO player handles a bat unless walking to home plate to hit.
• Batters may advance one base on hits to the infield. Batters may attempt to advance two bases (at their risk) on hits to the outfield.
• No advance on passed balls.
• No stealing.
• No leading off of base.
• No headfirst sliding.
• If a player gets out, they must leave the field.